St. David’s Episcopal Church is a 50-year young parish in the old New England community of Kennebunk, first settled in 1653. St. David’s was formed in 1955 by a group of Episcopalians who felt a strong need for a year-round church in the Kennebunk area. In 1956 it was admitted as an Organized Mission into the Diocese of Maine. The original church building was on Portland Road. The first full-time vicar, the Reverend Clifford T. Geiger, was called to serve in May of 1968. Four years later, St. David’s was formally admitted as a parish into the Diocese of Maine.
The church experienced significant growth and a search for a new location was undertaken. The groundbreaking ceremony was held on November 5, 1989, and the steeple was placed on the new building on May 9, 1990. The Bishop of Maine consecrated the new St. David’s church building on September 1, 1990.